English as a second or foreign language is the use of English by speakers with different native languages. An ESOL course will provide you with the essential language skills that you will need to be able to properly communicate in English. Through covering areas such as grammar and punctuation, writing and reading, and speaking and listening, you will develop a better understanding of the English language.
The globalization of business and the influx of immigrants to the U.S. have both driven the growth of English language learners and the need for educators who are skilled in teaching this unique group of learners.
According to Face the Facts USA, a Project of George Washington University, 10 percent of all public school students in the United States are English as a Second Language (ESL) Learners/English Language Learners (ELLs), meaning they have limited English proficiency. However, less than 1 percent of public school teachers are English as a Second Language (ESL) instructors (or one ESL instructor for every 150 students), thereby highlighting a demand for ESL instructors in our increasingly culturally diverse world.
It is therefore up to ESOL teachers to ensure that favorable conditions surround the acquisition of a second language. Our tutors are aware of student needs, can circumvent negative student experiences and allow all students to benefit from rich language experiences. It can therefore be said that some of the most important goals of our ESOL teachers are:
- Provide environments that are orchestrated to provide opportunities for making meaning, rather than simply recalling new vocabulary or other facts
- Provide a supportive environment where appropriate cognitive challenges exist and conditions that produce threat and anxiety are reduced
- Provide comprehensive input, which includes conveying a message in language that is pitched just beyond what the ELL students can produce themselves
We are able to customize your lessons based on the following categories.
- Job Search and Interview Skills
- Using English in a workplace setting
- Health and Safety at work
- Employment Rights, Pay and working conditions
- Office Work, Meetings and Business Presentations
- English for everyday lifestyle
No Reviews found for this course.